To Our Patients and Their Families
Our staff has always made infection control a top priority and we will continue to do so during this pandemic. The safety of our patients and staff is of our utmost concern.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office
- Upon arrival at the office for your appointment, please wait in your car and text or call the office to let us know you are here.
- Please wear your mask upon entering the office.
- During this time, it is extremely important to be prompt to your appointment as it may result in canceling your appointment and delaying your dental care if you are late.
- Upon entering the office, your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
- We will ask you to use our handwashing stations when you enter the office.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to maintain social distancing between patients.
- Our doctors, hygienists and assistants will be wearing required PPE, this includes masks, gowns, and face shields. Our front office staff will have a plastic barrier placed between themselves and patients. The entire staff will also be screened and have their temperature taken daily.
We are extremely excited and looking forward to seeing all of you again. We want you to know that all of you are a part of our dental family and your health and safety will always come first and foremost. As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have, feel free to call us at 301-926-4408.
Your North Potomac Smiles dental team.